Saturday, July 2, 2011

Eyes to the Sky

My photo date on Friday, July 1st with my old friend Michelle led us to the Eyes to the Sky Festival held every 4th of July weekend in Lisle, IL.  I have lived about a 1/2 mile from this festival for 6 years and never thought to bring my camera.  It was great!  Such great people watching and amazing colors to inspire.  We tried to stay to watch the evening balloon launch, but it was too windy.  I was determined to get some photos of the balloons, so I woke up early for the 6am launch on Saturday.  Most of these photos have been altered to enhance the color and bring a certain carnival charm to the images.







Where does one buy a hat like this?
Love this little girl!  

Cover Band: After Glow







Skee-ball, so many memories....










I think this might be my favorite!  The hot air creates such an interesting image!


3 comments:

oheath said...

Great pics, Katie! Your eye for the smallest details to capture is amazing

Morgan's Mommy said...

All yours came out great!! All the hot air balloons look awesome! Now I am determined to play with Aperture to edit mine a little more than what iphoto can provide! Had a great time yesterday and you may have just inspired me enough to start a photo blog :)

kkphoto said...

Thanks girls! Michelle...Aperture is a lot like Lightroom (photoshops little sister). You can't do quite as much as you can with Photoshop obviously, but there is much to explore! Have fun! I think you should start a blog =)